Monday, May 17, 2010

Better Week, Ahoy!

Much love and many thanks to my friends and blog-buddies for the words of encouragement after my last, emo post. I have said it before, and I'll say it again: I truly am blessed to have such supportive people in my life.

The weekend was both restful and productive, which is an amusing and often unusual combination for yours truly. After running errands and spending time at the gym, I went to a party on Saturday night. I made friends while learning a new drinking game -- and remembered that I'm not very good at drinking games. Or very good at them, if by 'good' you mean 'get drunk quickly'. Sunday was spent recovering from the aforementioned party, for the most part.

I also had dinner with my parents on Sunday.  The topic of childhood memories came up, because I'd emailed both if them the link to this hilarious and mildly gross blog, ShitMyKidsRuined. My father said that my sister and I never did anything half as awful or destructive as is depicted in those submissions; I then proceeded to describe a number of times when both my sister and I decorated various household surfaces that were not meant for crayons, markers, fountain pen ink or bodily fluids. Both of my parents were amused by my stories of these early artistic efforts, and I was quick to point out that they were absolutely not as entertained by them at the time. 

Anyhow. I have a busy and entertaining week ahead of me. There will likely be ridiculous pictures to share, or at least amusing stories -- either way, I'll keep you all posted. 
blog comments powered by Disqus