Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just a Quickie ...

(...that's what she said!!)

I'm in the process of investigating a move to a Wordpress website, making things fun and more interesting-looking for y'all, and somehow, that has tapped my creative energy.

Okay, that's only part of my excuse for not writing a long, more interesting post.  Because I do have things to share that are of greater interest and relevance to my life, so I'll just keep writing for a bit .....

I've joined a (paid) dating website. At my parents insistence encouragement repeated suggestion, and on their tab. Writing that profile for myself was one of the more challenging projects that I've had in a while. But it does seem to have garnered some interest, and I have two potential dates coming up.... well, we shall see. And I'll report back, never fear.

My father had minor surgery last Friday, and it has made me panic. Repeatedly. Despite the fact that it was a routine procedure and he's been recovering nicely so far (knock wood), the whole process has scared the hell out of me. Maybe it's the control freak in me; maybe it's facing the mortality of my parents; whatever the case, Dad has been in much better spirits than I've been.

I mentioned to my boss this week that perhaps I should take some time off this month, since I've had no vacation time. She completely agreed .... so now what?  Do I take a 'staycation'? Go somewhere by myself for a long weekend?

And... today is my Friday. I'm so glad it's almost the weekend.  I'm having dinner with good my dear friend L tonight, celebrating two birthdays tomorrow night ... AND PLAYING WITH MY NEW iPHONE THE REST OF THE TIME!

Hey, I wrote more than I thought I would. Cool.
blog comments powered by Disqus