Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mental Exercise

"There is no snooze button on a hungry cat." ~ Twitter friend whosthatgirl2

Stormy has the uncanny ability (this week, at least) to wake me up approximately 10 minutes before my alarm goes off.  His methods vary, but his latest is jumping up about 5 feet vertically to attack a spot on the wall and loudly landing with a thump and the feline eqivalent of an "OOF". Repeatedly.

Sure, waking up at 6.45 isn't too bad -- but I had another night in which it took a while to stop the litany of items marching in circles in my head. It went a little  something like this:

Never going to be in shape in time for the run - but that's okay, I don't have to be in the run - I would hate to disappoint anyone - Nobody to disappoint, need to focus on what's right for me - Okay, when am I getting the TV from the parents and how - Maybe if I dug my car out - But I don't have a shovel and don't really need to have the car dug out - They said they could help deliver the TV - But what about disposing of the TV - Will have to email building manager again to find out - I hope my car still starts whenever I do start it - But she's a VW, she'll start -  I'll walk to my appointment after work tomorrow - Which shoes do I wear - Roads near me and work are okay, I could wear my heeled boots - But there are still slushy parts and I don't want to ruin the boots - I could wear my hiking boots and carry the heels - Maybe wear pants for a change - I wonder if the site developers fixed that part of the website that was acting strangely - I'll have an email from them about that in the morning or will have to email them - I need to pack for the trip next week - I hope I look okay in a bathing suit ....  [REPEAT]

If I were as physically active as I am mentally, I'd be in peak condition.

On that note, it's time to hit the showers. One thing I forgot to worry about last night:  I have my midyear performance review today.
blog comments powered by Disqus