Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Out With The Old

I'd originally started this post as a recap of my New Year's Eve adventures. But, unfortunately, much of the 'adventure' was the result of someone taking advantage of my generous nature. Okay, my generously-close-to-pushover nature.

That's not to say I didn't have a good time at all -- I was determined to enjoy sending 2009 on its way, and I certainly did! But thinking over everything that happened brought me to a simple conclusion, one more important for me to record than the events that lead to it: I deserve the best.

This is a horribly cheesy line. It's used in commercials. This is something that I've said to justify an expensive purchase (I look fabulous in this dress and really, I do deserve the best... ). But this is also something my mother has told me over and over, as is often the wont of Jewish mothers, and mothers in general.

And it's the truth, and I now feel it strongly. I deserve friends who won't take advantage of me.
blog comments powered by Disqus