Monday, November 3, 2008

GET OUT THE VOTE!!!

Tomorrow, we vote for president, in case you've been living under a rock.

I'm anxious about how this turns out. My office is near the White House, and I've had several coworkers wonder if we're going to be dealing with mobs, riots or angry hordes come Wednesday morning; to which I've said "Lets just be positive and hope they're HAPPY mobs!"

I'm also coming to terms with being a registered DC voter, which many have told me means that my vote is absolutely worthless. This does not, however, mean that I will not be voting. I know many people -- women more than men, interestingly -- who have no intention of voting tomorrow. I can understand disliking the candidates, but why not get educated about these two men and their running mates? Women have had the right to vote for less than 100 years in this great country of ours. There are women all around the world who have never voted, and who will never have any kind of say over who controls their country.

Even if my vote "doesn't count", I'm still getting my ass up at 6am (okay, maybe I'll hit snooze once... or twice...) so I can figure out where the hell my polling center is from my apartment, get there as early as I can, and vote!

I've been fascinated by this election, and at the same time, I'm really damn sick of it. I want it to be over, I want to know what's in store for us, I want to know if this country is getting the change that it so badly needs...
blog comments powered by Disqus