Saturday, November 15, 2008

home again, home again...

Fortunately, my luggage finally appeared in Tampa, about 12 hours after my arrival. I promptly found my bathing suit and went swimming in the hotel's outdoor pool - a treat one can only dream of in mid November in most other parts of this country.

The conference went very well, I think. And it was absolutely exhausting.

Of course, my flight back to DC was through St. Louis. I mean, it's not like I was going to fly through Atlanta or some other more northern city to get home, right? In fact, I think I should have flown further South before attempting to get home. In any case... upon arrival in St. Louis, I found that my flight to DC was delayed by two hours. And then three hours. Some young, skittish-looking girl told a friend on her iPhone about how she didn't think we were even going to get to DC that evening, an idea that nearly ground my teeth to nubs. (The bars in the airport had last call at 7.30 - I was able to snag one drink before having to vamoose.)

But the plane finally arrived.... they took us to DC... and I got home at quarter of two this morning. It took me another two hours to unwind and fall asleep. Which begs the question as to why I am now awake. But considering that it's rainy, dismal Saturday, I'm sure I'll be unconscious again soon enough.
blog comments powered by Disqus