Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown

I'm excited that it's almost Thanksgiving -- it's one of my favorite holidays. Even though my younger sister will not be joining me and our parents in our annual overindulgence, I have invited several coworkers and friends to join us, and it should be a lot of fun. There is likely to be some difficulty as my parents and I determine who is responsible for which dish, but things will be fine once we have staked out our respective territories in the kitchen, and I've opened the first bottle of wine.

DC seems to be emptying out already. There were very few people on the streets on my way in to work this morning, and at least half of my office has already left. And whomever will be coming back to DC for their family Thanksgiving will probably do so at the very last minute... but then stay through the weekend.

It's been an unusually quiet day for me. I've had a lot of time to think about what happened in our office last week, and the bigger financial picture in which these changes took place... and honestly, I'm trying not to be scared.

I've also been thinking about my life as a single girl. I've been dating, spending time "at the buffet", and generally having fun for over a year at this point. I had told myself (and a number of boys, as well) that I would continue to do so until I provided with a convincing argument to do otherwise. Maybe it's because the holidays are starting, or maybe it's the cold weather wreaking havoc on me, I don't know, but I'm starting to think it may be time for a change.
blog comments powered by Disqus